The Board of County Commissioners has given direction to move forward with residential road resurfacing projects, dedicating $6.4 million from gas tax collections, with $1.12 million incorporated from the Citrus Springs MSBU. Presented with a road prioritization list compiled by the Public Works Department, which rated every residential paved road in Citrus County, commissioners voted to address the highest ranked roads first. The majority of these roads are in the Citrus Springs area of the County.
The BOCC authorized an additional $3.9 million to be used for residential resurfacing projects identified in each district. These specific projects will be determined at the July 26 regular meeting. Public is welcome to attend.
The following resurfacing projects for arterial and collector roadways are currently being completed through the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Small County Outreach Program (SCOP):
- County Road 581 (SR 44 to Anna Jo Drive)- slated to begin construction at the end of May; grant amount of $785,780
- County Road 491 (Glen Pines to Cardinal)-slated to begin construction mid-June; grant amount of $696,093
- N. Citrus Springs Blvd (Dunklin to US 41)-Contract currently out for bid; grant amount of $962,509
- County Road 491 (Glen Pines to County Line) Contract currently out for bid; grant amount of $426,511
- Turkey Oak (CR 495 to Holiday Drive)-BOCC to accept FDOT grant award at May 26 regular meeting; grant amount of 425,000
- N. Elkcam Blvd (Elm Blossom to Pine Ridge Blvd and 500’ south of Deltona to Striblin and Braganza to Condor) - BOCC to accept FDOT grant award at May 26 regular meeting; grant amount of $375,000
- Ft. Island Trail (5,870 feet from West End of Trail to Dixie Shores) BOCC to accept FDOT grant award at May 26 regular meeting and will be coordinated with force main installation; grant amount of $800,000
- Roosevelt Blvd (Forest Ridge to CR 491)- BOCC to accept FDOT grant award at May 26 regular meeting; grant amount of $516,321
For more information on road resurfacing projects, please call the Engineering Division at 527-5446. Visit http://www.bocc.citrus.fl.us/pubworks/engineering/engineering.htm to view the pavement rating interactive map and the road prioritization lists.